Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does it take to play a round of mini golf?
For 18-holes, it takes approximately 45 minutes depending on speed of play, skill level, and size of group.
- Can I schedule a tee time?
We do not take reservations for walk-in play.
- What is the appropriate age for mini golf at Putters Wild?
Blacklight mini golf can be fun for everyone, but, we recommend ages 5 years and older.
- Is Putters Wild only for birthday parties?
Not at all! We are open everyday but Tuesdays (excluding major holidays) and during that time we always welcome walk-in players.
- Can I take my birthday party group to Putters Wild?
You are always welcome to celebrate a birthday or special occasion with us by coming in to play golf as a group—but outside food, cake and presents are not permitted unless you have reserved our party room due to our limited sitting area which is for walk-in traffic use.
- Can I bring in outside food?
Outside food is not permitted.
- Can I take photographs?
Pictures and videotaping are allowed in the blacklight area but
NO FLASH photography and it should not slow or interrupt play.
- Can I bring my own putter?
Yes, you may use your own putter. However, it might not glow and that makes it difficult to see in the blacklight.
- I understand Putters Wild is 3D; can I bring my own 3D glasses?
You’re welcome to try your 3D glasses from home but it is unlikely that they will work. Our 3D glasses are specifically designed to work on colors and are the latest in ChromaDepth™ technology.
- Do I have to wear the 3D glasses?
While 3D glasses are included with a paid admission to enhance the golfing experience, wearing them is optional.
- Is a reservation required for a birthday party at Putters Wild?
Yes, all birthday parties must be scheduled through Putters Wild. You are always welcome to celebrate a birthday or special occasion with us by coming in to play golf as a group—but outside food, cake and presents are not permitted unless you have reserved our party room due to the limited sitting area which is for walk-in traffic use.
- How do I schedule a party?
Use the online booking calendar on our website at www.putterswild.com to reserve your party time. A $50 deposit is required to secure the date; you will be called by a Putters Wild representative shortly after the booking is made to accept payment. You may also stop by Putters Wild during business hours or call us at 907/764-7888 to make your reservation by phone.
- Is a deposit required?
A $50 deposit is required to reserve your party and may be made by credit card over the phone. This deposit is non-refundable but does go towards your party total. The remaining balance is due and collected at the end of your party.
- How many guests can I invite to my party?
Each party package covers 8 guests. Additional guests may be added to the package at a cost of $10/each. (Parents of paid party guests may play for $7/each which will be added to the party total.) Please note, regardless the number of guests invited, Putters Wild will still be open to the public and the time allotment of 2 hour 30 minutes does not change.
- Is the birthday child included in the number of kids for a birthday package?
- Is there an additional charge for siblings?
Any sibling that participates in the party will be counted as part of the party.
- Can I use my own decorations for the party room?
We do NOT permit wall or ceiling decoration, silly string, confetti or piñatas.
- What do I need to bring for my party?
You should bring the cake/cupcakes, ice cream, drinks. Don’t forget the candles, lighter and serving utensil. (For the Basic Party Package, you’ll also need to bring plates, napkins, and utensils.)
- Where does Putters Wild get their pizza?
Putters Wild is proud to serve pizza from Great Alaska Pizza Company; another Alaskan owned & operated small business.
- Can I bring other food and beverages to my party?
Outside food is permitted for parties. All food must be kept in the party room.
- We’re having an adults-only party; can I bring alcohol?
No alcohol. Putters Wild is a non-alcoholic facility and requires any person that has been drinking to vacate the premise.
- What if I need to reschedule my party?
We require at least 7 days notice if you need to reschedule your party and your party must be rescheduled within 2 months of the original party date. Please remember that your deposit is non-refundable. (We’re sorry, no exceptions.)
- How long does my party last?
Each party is scheduled for 2 hour and 30 minutes.